Dr Costa is internationally recognised for his work for the advancement of breast cancer management and renowned for his innovative ideas in scientific communication and educational development and as Director of the European School of Oncology.
He has served as Secretary General of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) and as a member of the European Commission’s Europe Against Cancer programme. He is a member of the editorial boards of various cancer publications and author of over 250 scientific publications.
- CEO of the European School of Oncology
- Member of the European Commission Cancer Experts
- Vice president of National Observatory for Women’s Health (O.N.Da)
- Scientific advisor of Ente Ospedaliero Cantonale (Bellinzona – Lugano)
- Scientific advisor of the Breast Unit Multimedica (Milano)
- Scientific advisor of ECCO, European CanCer Organisation (Bruxelles)
- Editor of the scientific magazine “Cancerworld” (www.cancerworld.net)
- Board member of the weekly magazine Corriere degli Italiani (Zurich)